Roulette has its origins from Europe; however, it has travelled all the way to America, and the American made their own version of the game. The casino game of American Roulette can be enjoyed at both land-based and online casinos in Canada and around the world.
The American Roulette wheel features 38 compartments that have numbers 1 through to 36. It also has a zero and double zero. The double zero is what makes this version of Roulette different. It also gives the online casino a higher house edge.
Basics of Playing American Roulette at Canadian Casinos
Similar to the other variants of Roulette, players have to place bets on where the ball will land in the wheel. However, there are various kinds of bets available to players. They can choose to wager on a single number, on red or black, on odd or even and a group of numbers.
When a player decides to place a wager on specifics the house edge and payouts increases and if lucky may strike a win. The betting options that are available for Canadian players are the inside and outside bets. These bets cover most of the roulette wheel.
Strategies to Help Improve your Winning Chances
Roulette is a game of skill and luck; however, there are betting strategies that players can try to contribute to improving their gaming. The most popular strategy amongst Canadians is the Martingale system. When using this strategy, a player would wager small when they start and increase the amount after every loss. Eventually, a player will win the initial bet back.
American Roulette Double Zero
As we have mentioned this variant of online Roulette has a double zero added to the wheel. Which is what makes it different to the European Roulette. However, both these two variants’ payout the same for bets and American Roulette is not fair mathematically.
The added zeros on American Roulette increases the house edge to 5.26%. Hence, it is advisable to play the European game because it has better odds.
Bet Options Available for Canadian Players
- Split Bet – A bet that is made on numbers that are next to each other by placing the chips on the line in-between.
- Straight Up Bet – When betting on a single number by placing the chip on the specific number.
- Corner Bet – Placing a wager on four numbers by placing the chips on the corner that connects them.
- Street Bet – A bet that is made on three numbers in a row. Place chips on the end of the row on the line.
- Five Bet – When placing a bet on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. Put the chips on the corner of the 0 and 1.
- Line Bet – A bet that consists of six numbers which will be two rows comprising of three numbers each. Place chips on the two rows at the end.
- Dozen Bet – Placing a bet on 12 numbers that will fall in the 1st 12, 2nd 12 and 3rd 12.
- Column Bet – When placing a bet on an entire column, place chips on the “2-1” box which is located at the end of the column.
- Colour Bet – If a player wants to bet on the colour they will place their chips on either the red or black boxes.
- Odd or Even Bet – Placing wagers on the even or odd numbers by placing chips on the specified boxes on the table
- High and Low Bet – A bet on high or low numbers. Place chips on the boxes numbered 1 to 18 for the low numbers a19 to 36 for high numbers.