3 Card Poker – Play Real Money Online
3 Card Poker is a relatively new game in the online gaming industry and is quickly becoming popular. It has a low house edge and is easy to play, giving players great action and big wins. You can play the table game for fun and real money at the best casino sites. Discover more about three card poker in our guide below. We have included how to play the 3 card poker hands, rules, payouts, house edge, and odds.
Play Three Card Poker for Real Money
3 Card Poker Rules
When playing 3 Card Poker, there are two options that you can opt to wager on. You also have the option to wager on both options. The options are the ante-play and the pair plus bet.
- Ante-play – When betting on this option, just place chips on the diamond shape ante area.
- Pair Plus – Place your chips on the circle shape pair plus area when wagering on this option.
When the ante bets have been made, the dealer will deal three cards for himself and the player. The player’s cards will be face down, and the dealer is facing up. Once the cards are dealt, you can look at your cards and choose to fold or raise your hand.
The dealer will reveal his cards only when he has a queen or higher. Whoever has the highest hand wins. The pair plus will win only if the hand is higher or has a pair.
3 Card Poker Hand Rankings
In Three Card Poker, the hand rankings are different from the standard five-card game. Below are the rankings of the hands:
- Straight Flush – Three cards that are the same suit in a sequence. For example, 5, 6, 7 of diamonds.
- Three of a kind – Three cards of the same level.
- Straight – A sequence of three cards of mixed suits.
- Flush – Three cards of the same suit.
- Pair – Two cards that have the same level.
- High Card – The highest card of the three cards.
How to Play 3 Card Poker
The basic rules that we have mentioned above give you the flow of the game. Here we are going to share the step by step how to play 3 card poker.
- Register or sign up at a casino to play for real money.
- Make a deposit into your casino account.
- Claim any bonuses that are being offered.
- Once the money reflects in your casino account, visit the casino lobby and choose the three-card poker game.
- Choose how much you want to wager and place your bet.
- You will be playing against the dealer for the one who has a better winning hand. For you to win, you have to have a pair or better.
Three Card Poker Payouts
|Hand||Ante||Pair Plus||6 Card Bonus|
|Straight Flush or Higher||5:1||–||–|
|Mini Royal Flush||–||100:1||–|
|Four of a Kind||–||–||100:1|
|% Three of a Kind||4:1||30:1||7:1|
Three Card Poker Strategy
Fortunately, you can use a strategy to improve your chances of winning this casino game. It is also simple to follow once you understand how to play 3 card poker. When you use a 3-card strategy, you should play the hand values of Q-6-4 or better. The other hand, you will fold.
You will get a 3 card poker house edge of about 2% over the long term. However, the Ante and pair plus wager’s bonuses will be different from the casino to a casino because of the payouts.
Three Card Poker Tips and Tricks
There are basic tips that can help you with your gameplay. They can also help you improve your chances of winnings when you know how to best play your 3 card poker hand.
Here the 3 card poker tips:
- 3 Card Poker Practice – playing the game online allows you to play the game for fun without risking any money. With free 3 card poker games, you can learn how to play the game and test your strategy before playing for real money.
- Fold Hands Lower than Q-6-4 – all that lower will not be better than the dealer’s hand because the dealer’s hand qualifies with a queen.
- Don’t Play the Pair Plus Bet – this bet has a higher house edge at 4.49% as compared to the ante wager at 3.37%.
- Check Side Bets – there are different versions of 3 card poker online, and they don’t all offer the same payouts for the pair plus. So, be sure to check the payouts for the bet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you play 3 card poker?
You first have to place a bet on the ante or pair plus. You also have the option to bet on both of them. Cards will be dealt face down for you, and for the dealer, it will be face up. You have to get a pair or better to beat the dealer.
What is a straight flush in three card poker?
A straight flush has three cards that are in the same suit and are consecutively ranked. The highest-ranking straight flush has an Ace, king, and queen.
Is there any strategy for 3 card poker?
Yes, there is a basic strategy that you can use to improve your chances of winning the game. You should play cards that are higher than Q-6-4.
What’s the best hand in 3 card poker?
A straight flush is the highest-ranked card hand, which is made up of cards that in the same suit and sequence.
Other Recommended Poker Guides: