Best Classic Blackjack Online Guide
Classic blackjack is a variant of the popular casino game, blackjack. This is one of the oldest versions of the game to exist but is founded on the same principles of more modern versions as seen at casinos today.
Classic blackjack is available on desktop, mobile, and land-based casinos in real and free money mode. Because it’s one of the older versions, the benefits and features found here are rather limiting and may not be as exciting as the later versions. Nevertheless, if you are interested in finding out more information about this particular game, stick around.
Classic Blackjack Online Casinos
How to Play Blackjack – Classic Card Game Rules
Classic Blackjack is very easy to play and has the lowest house edge of all the online Blackjack versions. Similar to all the other Blackjack casino games, the primary goal is to get a hand that’s valued at 21 or as close to that number as possible. At the very least, you must build a hand that’s higher ranked than the dealers to win. This blackjack card game is played using a standard deck that has 52 cards.
If you understand the following blackjack rules below, you will have no trouble playing the game for real money at the best blackjack tables.
- The cards numbered 2 until 10 keep their face value, while Aces can either be 1 or 11, and the Jacks, Queens, and Kings are 10.
- Both the dealer and the player receive two cards. The dealer’s cards are dealt one card face up and the other down, while the player’s cards all face up.
- Once the cards are dealt, you have the option to hit or stand.
- All dealers must stand on a soft 17.
- You may also double down but only if your cards are equal to 9, 10, or 11.
- A natural Blackjack is a phrase for reaching 21 from 2 cards, which include an Ace.
- If you build a natural Blackjack hand, you can choose insurance. However, this is a tricky move, so beware.
Classic Blackjack Strategy: Splitting and Doubling Down Explained
The term doubling down in blackjack explains an opportunity that you have to increase your initial bet by 100% so; you double your bet. But you may only double down if your cards are equal to 9, 10, or 11.
There is also the option to split cards, and there is a possible situation where a player may have to split. This is when there are two cards of the same value. Here are the rules when splitting:
- You are only allowed to split once.
- Jacks, Queens, and Kings cannot be split.
- When you split, you have to wager on the following round.
- There is also the option to surrender. This happens when you decide to leave the game because your hand is unfavorable.
- Classic Blackjack pays out 3:2.
Tips for Playing Classic Blackjack
When you have a hand value of 17 to 21, it is better to stand. It is also best to stand when you have a hand worth 19 to 21. If you happen to be dealt a pair of Aces, you have to split.
Once you know the rules of Classic Blackjack, it should be a breeze to play the game. The game may require skill, but luck also plays a big role in whether you win or lose.
See Other Blackjack Guides