Caribbean Stud Poker Progressive Jackpots
Caribbean stud poker is one of the variations of the highly popular casino game, poker. The game uses 5 cards like with most poker games, the only difference here is that a progressive jackpot is at stake too. Caribbean stud progressive jackpot games are a product of Realtime Gaming, and the jackpot is networked with Caribbean Draw Poker and Caribbean Hold’em Poker. This means you stand a chance at winning the jackpot if you any of the three linked Caribbean games.
If you would like to know more about how the game works, how to play and how much you can actually expect to win, keep reading.
- How to Play Caribbean Stud Jackpot Online
- Caribbean Stud Poker Jackpot
- Winning Hand Rankings
- Why Play Caribbean Stud Jackpot Games?
Play Caribbean Stud Poker for Real Money
+100 Free Spins
+150 Free Spins
+150 Free Spins
+200 Free Spins
How to Play Caribbean Stud Jackpot Online
Remember, the jackpot is simply an added feature to the game, and perhaps the biggest goal. The rules and gameplay remains the same.
The game begins with every player being given five cards, face up. The dealer, or casino software will receive the same number of cards, except here, one of the cards is dealt face up and the rest are face down. Your goal is to come up with a hand stronger than the dealers. To do this, you must be familiar with the different poker hand rankings so you know what the aim is. Thereafter, you will be faced with the following option:
- Make your bet. You must decide how much you are willing to wager and put that down in chips, or insert the value if you’re playing online.
- Once you’ve made a bet, you must click the “deal” button. You will then receive your five cards face up, and as we’ve stated before, the dealer, or house will get 5 cards too.
- At this point you must assess the strength or potential of the hand you’ve been dealt, as well as try to guess the strength of the dealers hand. Your next move will be based in the assumptions you’ll be making here.
- Now you must decide if you want to raise or fold.
- Raise: When you raise, you are basically hoping that your hand is stronger than the dealers hand and that you’re willing to bet on it. When you raise, you are also expected to increase your ante by twice as much. So, you must really be confident in the strength of your hand.
- The dealers hand will then be revealed and if your hand is indeed stronger, you will receive the corresponding payout. If the dealers hand is better, you lose your wager.
- Fold: When you fold, you decide to end that round because you do not think your hand is better than the dealers. You will only lose your initial ante bet in this case.
- Plot Twist: Beating the dealers 5 card hand is not enough to win, though. For you to win, the dealer must not have a qualifying hand at all. If it happens, you will be paid out 1:1 on your ante bet.
Caribbean Stud Poker Jackpot
As mentioned previously, the progressive jackpot is the most exciting part about playing Caribbean stud by RTG. To qualify for the jackpot you must make what we call a “supplementary bet”. Making this bet will put you in the running to win the whole jackpot or at least a portion of it. How much you win ultimately decides on the value of your hand. So, the better your final hand, the more you win. Here’s a more detailed breakdown of the expected payouts
|Straight Flush||10% of the pot|
|4 of a Kind||$500 +|
Winning Hand Rankings
If you are new to the game then you might need to know what the different hand rankings look like. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered. Have a look at the table below where we list he various possible winning hands in the game along with a description or example of the hand in question.
|Royal Flush||K,Q,J.10 & Ace|
|Straight Flush||2,3,4,5, 6 (all hearts)|
|4 of a kind||10s in four different suits w/ one odd card|
|Full house||3 of the same + 2 of the same (different suits)|
|Flush||5 cards with same suits, different values|
|Straight||3,4,5,6,7 (all different suits)|
|Three of a kind||3 like cards, 2 odd cards|
|Two pair||2 pairs + one odd card|
|One pair||1 pair + four odd cards|
|High card||Any high card|
Why Play Caribbean Stud Jackpot Games?
The advantages of playing Caribbean stud jackpot games is quite clear – you stand to win exceptionally more money than you would playing games that aren’t linked to a jackpot.
The fact that the jackpot is linked between Draw Poker, Holdem and Stud is even better because essentially this means that the jackpot grows each time a bet is made on any of those games. The overall amount naturally becomes three times bigger than what it would have been if a jackpot was only offered in one of those games.
Play Online Poker for Real Money
You can easily enjoy Caribbean stud poker at any of the online casinos that we list here on cancasinos.ca. Our games are available for free for real money, with lots of opportunities to grab bonuses and other promotions along the way. You also have the freedom of playing on desktop or mobile. Both platforms offer seamless gaming that’s easily accessible and very enjoyable.
You are also not limited to playing Caribbean stud poker alone, there are various other versions of the game that you can enjoy. The other options include:
- 5-Card Draw
- 7-Card Stud
- Texas Hold’em
- Short Deck
- 2-7 Triple Draw
- Chinese Poker
- Omaha Hi
- Omaha Hi-Lo