Best Casinos in Ontario, Canada
The one thing you can count on with casinos in Ontario is that they are world-class gambling establishments. There is a great selection of casinos spread across the province suitable for gaming preferences and, most importantly, your budget.
Whether you are looking for casinos in Ontario with entertainment, accommodation, or restaurants, this province has it all. To find the casino most suitable for you, give our guide a read. Below we go through:
Play at Online Casinos in Ontario
Trying to find a casino that caters to all your needs is tough. So, we have made things easier for you by picking out the top five casinos you have visit when in Ontario.
Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
Niagara Fallsview is the largest gambling establishment in Ontario, with numerous awards under its belt. Fallsview offers a world-class casino with over 100 gaming tables and more than 3,000 slots. This is the largest gaming floor in the province.
If you enjoy poker games, there are 26 tables open 24/7. Tournaments are held regularly for all the action-seeking players.
It doesn’t end there. The casino resort has a hotel, spa, golf, and nightlife. Their restaurants are amazing, and the entertainment is top tier with a bar, lounge, theatre, and so much more. While away from the casino floor, the PlayFallsview™ App will entertain you with free casino games on your mobile device.
For a thrilling gaming experience, we would suggest that you check-in at the Caesars Windsor. The gaming features table games, slots, and poker. If you also enjoy sports, no need to worry. You a can also place your sports bets on site.
The award-winning hotel is a pleasure to visit, and with the number of rooms on hand, you will definitely find a room. There are also a few restaurants you can choose from and activities you can take part in.
The casino resort is one of the largest in the province. It features 67 table games and 2200 slot machines. There are constantly new slots being added to the floor, so you will always be thoroughly entertained.
What would a casino resort be without a hotel and spa? Well, Casino Rama has a beautiful hotel and spa open to all guests. There are ten restaurants on-site and plenty of entertainment options to keep you busy.
The 95,000 square foot gambling establishment has over 1,300 slots spread across two gaming floors. There are also more than 40 table games to choose from.
If you are looking for more action, the casino hosts various tournaments. From buy-ins to specialty tournaments, you are in for a treat.
While the casino may not have a hotel of its own, it is surrounded by a number of hotels overlooking the Niagara Falls.
Great Blue Heron Casino
The Great Blue Heron is one of the best casinos in the province with plenty of gambling options. You enjoy live poker games, slots, table games, and stadium games.
The 32 stadium games allow to enjoy casino games from your own gaming station. You can play games such as roulette, sic bo, and blackjack at your own pace.
The casino has a few restaurants and close to a number of local attractions.
There are 28 Ontario casinos. Here is how they are categorised:
- Native Casinos in Ontario: there are only three Ontario casinos located on First Nations reserve land. These include Golden Eagle Casino, Casino Rama, and Great Blue Heron.
- Commercial Ontario Casinos: there are 11 commercial casinos operating in the province.
- Horse Track Racing: the province has 14 racinos where you can bet on horse races and play slots.
- Bingo Hall: there are more than ten bingo halls scattered across the province.
The Canadian federal law allows for most forms of gambling, meaning gambling is legal in Ontario. The gambling types you can take part include poker, horse racing, table games, slots, lottery, and sports betting.
The government body in Ontario is the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG). It operates a number of casinos and the sale of lottery tickets.
All players have to be 19 or older to gamble in Ontario. If you are the legal gambling age, you can visit any of the 28 casinos in Ontario.
Online gambling is allowed in Ontario; however, it is illegal to operate a casino within the province. You cannot play poker online, though.
Apart from poker, you can enjoy all your favorites from safe and regulated casinos from the comfort of your home. An upside to gambling online in Ontario is that your winnings won’t be taxed.
This is with an exception that your gambling activities are not seen as a form of employment. If you are playing for fun, you don’t have to worry about your winnings getting taxed.
Ontario Casinos & Gambling in Ontario
As we mentioned, there are a number of gambling options you can enjoy in Ontario, including:.
- Casino: every casino in Ontario offers an array of slot machines and table games. There are over 20 casinos to choose from, including commercial and first nations casinos.
- Horse Racing: you can place bets on your horse of choice all over the province. While the horse racing industry took a hit after introducing slots, there are still a number of horse racing events and establishments.
- Lottery: the lottery is a big part of gambling in Ontario. The lottery network, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation raked in an impressive $3 billion in 2011.
- Sports Betting: whether it’s the NBA or NHL, there is a variety of sports you can bet on.