Tens or Better Video Poker 2023
If you were looking for a change from video poker games, tens or better is one of the most popular video poker games that you can play online. To get a payout, you have to get a hand that consists of a pair of tens or better. The most noticeable difference is that tens or better offers a much smaller payout than other variations. And it offers a slightly lower variance as it has an increased number of plain hands. With that, we have created an easy-to-follow guide to playing tens or better.
Play Tens or Better Online
To get started with tens of better, you have to be signed up at a casino site that offers this variation of video poker. If you’re playing for real money, you will then have to make a deposit using any of the banking methods that are on offer. From there, you can follow these five easy steps to play tens or better. As the name suggests, the goal of the game is to create a paying hand that includes a pair of 10s or higher. A payout will be given depending on the final winning hand that you have.
- To start playing, you will have to make a bet. Decide on the coin amount varying from 1 to 5. Each game will have a minimum and maximum bet, a value which you will have to abide by.
- Once your bet has been made, you will notice that there is a “deal cards” button or “play” button on the screen. By clicking on this button, it will allow the game to start, and you will be dealt five cards.
- From the five cards, you will then have to decide which cards you would like to hold and which ones you would like to keep in creating your ranking hand. Remember to use a strategy when deciding which numbers to discard.
- When you press the deal button again, the cards that you chose to discard will be replaced with the new cards to create your final hand.
- Depending on the final hand that you have created, you will be paid out according to the terms of the paytable. At this point, you can decide whether or not you would like to continue playing or to cash out.
Similarly, to any other video poker game, paying hands form a hierarchy. The better the hand formed, the better your payout. However, to get a payout, you have to know which cards form which paying hand. Below we explain the possible hands that you can form in tens or better video poker to get a payout.
- Tens or Better – this hand includes a pair of tens as well as three other cards. The payout on this hand is 1 to 1.
- Two Pair – in this hand, you’ll have two sets of pairs and one other card. The hand pays 2 to 1
- Three of A Kind – a hand that consists of three identical cards as well as any other two cards, and you will get a 3 to 1 payout
- Straight – these are five consecutive cards but they don’t have to be from the same suit. With this hand, the payout is 4 to 1
- Flush – these are any five cards from the same suit. The hand pays out 5 to 1
- Full House – this hand consists of Three of a Kind as well as a pair. You will get a payout of 6 to1
- Four of A Kind – you’ll have a hand that has four cards of the same value as well as one random card. The payout on this hand is 25 to 1
- Straight Flush – this hand includes five consecutive numbers from the same suit. This hand will payout 50 to 1
- Royal Flush – this hand includes and an Ace, Jack, Queen, King and 10 card all from the same suit. The hand pays out to 250 to 1
You will notice that on the tens or better machine, the pay table will be displayed. This table tells you what your expected payout will be for various hands depending on your coin bet. Below is an example of what a tens or better pay table would look like. For this particular table that we are sharing below the house Edge is 2.22%. This is a much higher average house age when compared to other video poker games.
|Hand||1 coin||2 coins||3 coins||4 coins||5 coins|
|4 of a kind||25||50||75||100||125|
|Three of a kind||3||6||9||129||15|
|Tens or better||1||2||3||4||5|
The best part about any video poker strategy is that it is easy to follow. It gives you advice on how to play the hand that you have been that. Basically, a strategy chart will tell you how many cards to hold and discard depending on the hand you’ve been dealt. Below it’s a list of various ways to play particular hands.
- If you would dealt a Royal Flush, straight flush, four of a kind or a full house hold all your cards.
- If you hold four to a Royal flush, straight flush, flush or straight, you want to draw only one card.
- Draw two cards if you hold three of a kind, 3 to a Royal Flush, 2 to a Royal Flush and two high cards.
- If you hold one high card, you’ll want to draw Four cards.
- Keep 2 suited high cards and draw three cards
- Keep all tens or better as well as four cards to a flush
The most important piece of advice that we can give you is that you shouldn’t play tens or better with money you can afford to lose. Make sure to try out the free version of the game before making real money bets.
Before you start playing, have a look around at different casino sites that offer the game as each casino will offer different payout amounts. Lastly, make sure you have fun.
Best Video Poker Guides Online