Best Online Bingo Games Canada
Recently updated on July 28th, 2023
Bingo Games are some of the, easiest, most enjoyable casino games out there. Games like poker and craps require a lot of mental effort and skill, but bingo offers a relaxing alternative for you to enjoy on a lazy afternoon. Bingo games come in many different formats, and is available for free and real money online.
In this guide we take you through all there is to know about the game and how it works. Our focus is on identifying and explaining the four main bingo game variations that you’ll most likely find at casinos today. We detail how to play the game, as well as share some of our most prized tips for making sure you secure a winning bingo pattern. Keep reading for more.
Play Bingo Games for Real Money
Most Popular Bingo Games
There are four main bingo games and you’ll notice that their names are reflective of the number of balls that the game has in play. This is an easy way to remember their names, and is also just about the only major difference between them.
30 Ball Bingo
30-Ball bingo is the game that features the least amount of bingo balls. With only 30 balls in play, the game finishes a lot quicker than the other games. Its therefore referred to as the speedy variation, making it great for players looking for a quick outlet to a stressful day, or for those players looking for something to pass by time. 30-ball bingo has a 3×3 grid which means there’s only 90 numbers on the bingo card itself. The number of round bingo balls in the container is 30.
75 Ball bingo is the most commonly played variation of the game and is most familiar to Canadian and American players. This bingo card features a 5×5 grid with 24 numbers in total. The remaining spot on the card is occupied by the FREE block found in the center of the bingo card. There are 75 round coloured balls in the clear container.
Each column has a big printed letter at the top which horizontally spells B-I-N-G-O. The letter/number grouping is as follows. You’ll notice that each letter us assigned 15 numbers.
- B – Numbers 1-15
- I – Numbers 16 – 30
- N – Numbers 31 – 45
- G – Numbers 46-60
- O – Numbers 61 – 75
80 Bal bingo is a variation of the game commonly found at online casinos. The game uses 80 round balls, but each 80 ball bingo card only contains 16 numbers. The numbers are organized in 4 columns, and 4 rows.
This version of the game uses the most number of balls, and each 90 ball bingo card features 15 numbers divided into three rows of 5.
Winning Bingo Patterns
Now, to win any bingo game, you must achieve any of the prescribed bingo patterns. This is in fact the objective of the game – to beat the other players by managing to complete a winning pattern first.
The number of winning patters in the latter mentioned bingo games is more than the possible winning patters in 30 ball bingo because the latter cards are bigger and simply contain more numbers. To win, you must be familiar with all the patterns, which is exactly what we’ll get into next.
- Full House: Like the name suggests, this pattern requires that you mark off all the numbers on your bingo card.
- Letter Patterns: To win, you must be able to form a recognized letter in the alphabet like T, V, L, I and so on.
- Single Row: Perhaps one of the easiest ways to win is to mark of a straight line or column.
- Multiple row: Multiple rows is very similar to single row wins except here you must mark off multiple rows or columns to win.
- Frame: Frames are traditionally shaped like a square. To win via frame pattern you must successfully mark off all the blocks on the outer edge of the bingo card which will then form a ‘square shaped pattern’.
Tips to Win in Bingo
Unlike poker and craps, bingo isn’t a game that requires skill or strategy to win. Whether you win or not depends greatly on luck and whether your card has all or most of the numbers called out by the caller. But, there are a few tips and tricks that you can have up your sleeve to help you get ahead. These tips in no way guarantees and win, but it certainly gets you feeling more hopeful.
- Try to play with as many bingo cards as possible. The more cards you play with, the better your chances of getting the numbers being called out by the caller. The only trick is, the numbers must be able to give you a winning pattern because getting a lot of numbers that don’t help you form any kind of pattern on any of these cards is no use.
- Manage your money well so that you’ll be able to play for a long time. Bingo is in many ways a game of patience. You may not get a winning pattern on your first few rounds so you need to be able to fund future rounds to hopefully get you to a winning streak.
- If you are playing in a bingo hall, sit close to the front where you can hear the caller properly. This will allow you to cross off numbers as they’re called. This can be a fast paced game so you need to catch up.
- You can also study multiple cards beforehand. When you have a brief idea where every number is placed on the card you’ll have less of a hard time finding them. This may also help you play quicker.