Responsible Gambling – Safer Casino Gaming
How to Deal with Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is when an individual has an addiction to gambling. Many Canadians have this issue and if not dealt with it will affect a person’s mental health and lifestyle.
The issue of problem gambling is one that most don’t easily admit to or speak to family and friends about. There is help to deal with it, especially when you want to take steps to change your situation.
Organisations such as the Problem Gambling Institute of Ontario help problem gamblers with their addiction. They are available to assist from their 24-hour helpline. Below are their details:
- 1 888 230 3505
At casino websites, players’ gaming is monitored to look for indications and patterns that may signal a problem. There is also the option of self-exclusion that you can use, which allows you to be refused any online gaming activity should you wish to gamble.
What Does Gambling Responsibly Mean
All people are responsible for their actions. That’s what players are expected to do when engaging in gambling whether at a land-based or online casino. Technology may have allowed us to enjoy and entertain ourselves from the comfort of our homes. However, we have to be responsible and know when enough is enough.
If the problem of gambling is not dealt with, it can lead to other problems in your lives which will end up affecting the people around you. Hence, it is important that you take note of the dangers and seek help when necessary.
Best Tips for Responsible Gambling
- Don’t chase your losses. This can lead to much higher losses especially when betting higher.
- Set a budget for your gaming. Decide on how much you are willing to spend on online gambling and stick to it. Once you have reached your limit, it is better to walk away.
- Allocate time for gaming. Set time limits for your gaming so that you do not only spend your free time gambling. You also need to have time to do other things as well.
- Gambling is not a way to make money. This activity should only be for fun and entertainment. There is never a guarantee of winning in any kind of gambling.
- Never gamble when upset or feeling depressed. When in a state where you cannot be rational it is best to avoid gambling.
- Don’t gamble under the influence of alcohol. This can lead to bad decision making which can result in a loss of money.
- Use the money that is dedicated for fun or entertainment. Don’t ever use money that is meant for important things such as food, rent, bills, etc.