Responsible gaming is an attitude that all Canadian gamblers need to adopt. It allows players to enjoy gambling at local and online casinos responsibly. This especially applies to online casinos because there are so many casino sites that are blacklisted and should be avoided. However, sometimes it is not simple to tell the difference.
Other than avoiding dodgy casino sites, Canadian players have to be alert of the drawbacks of problem gambling. Read more about how to be vigilant about problem gaming.
How to Deal with Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is when an individual has an addiction to gambling. Many Canadians have this issue and if not dealt with it will affect a person’s mental health and lifestyle.
The issue of problem gambling is a one that most don’t easily admit to or speak to family and friends about. There is help to deal with it, especially when a player wants to take steps to change their situation.
Organisations such as the Problem Gambling Institute of Ontario are the to help problem gamblers with their addiction. They are available to assist from their 24-hour helpline. Below are their details:
- 1 888 230 3505
At online casinos in Canada, players’ gaming is monitored to look for indications and patterns that may signal a problem. There is also the option of self-exclusion that players can use, which allows them to be refused any online gaming activity should they wish to gamble.
What Does Gambling Responsibly Mean
All people are responsible for their actions. That’s what players are expected to do when engaging in gambling whether at a land-based or online casino. Technology may have allowed us to enjoy and entertain ourselves from the comfort of our homes. However, we have to be responsible and know when enough is enough.
If the problem of gambling is not dealt with it can lead to other problems in our lives which will end up affecting the people around us. Hence, it is important that Canadian players take note of the dangers and seek help when necessary.
Best Tips for Responsible Gaming
- Don’t chase your losses. This can lead to much higher losses especially when going betting higher.
- Set a budget for your gaming. Decide on how much you are willing to spend on online gambling and stick to it. Once you have reached your limit, it is better to walk away.
- Allocate time for gaming. Set time limits for your gaming so that you do not only spend your free time gambling. Have time to do other things as well.
- Gambling is not a way to make money. This activity should only be for fun and entertainment. There is never a guarantee of winning in any kind of gambling.
- Never gamble when upset or feeling depressed. When in a state where you cannot be rational it is best to avoid gambling.
- Don’t gamble under the influence of alcohol. This can lead to bad decision making which can result in a loss of money.
- Use money that is dedicated for fun or entertainment. Don’t ever use money that is meant for important things such as food, rent, bills, etc.