How to Make Money Playing Poker Online
In all honestly, playing poker online is fun. But nothing quite beats the thrill of winning money while playing your favorite casino game. Poker is also one of the few casino games where you stand to win decent amounts of money and is the game of choice for many pro gamblers.
So, how do you make money playing poker on the internet? We’ll be honest and say that it’s not easy. Poker is a game that requires exceptional skill and luck to get ahead. But, it’s possible, and we know this because there are many casual players who have turned pro. How much money you make really depends on you, but some of our resident poker experts have made up to C$1000 a month playing poker online.
Live Poker vs Online Poker
The overall gameplay stays the same regardless of where or how you choose to play. But, if you want a real shot at making money while playing poker online you would have to adjust your strategy accordingly. Below we differentiate between how to make money playing poker online and playing poker at home via live streaming.
Make Money Playing Poker Online
When you play poker for real money online you have the option of playing a normal cash game at any online casino. Or, you can buy in on a poker tournament and compete with players all over the country and possibly even abroad. For the best shot at making money playing poker online, follow these easy steps:
- Begin by signing up at a licensed poker site. You are trying to make money, not be robbed out of money.
- Opt to play real money games or participate in a poker tournament
- Identify the people you are playing against. There are people, like yourself, who want to win real money while other players simply want to have fun. Choose to play against the ones who simply want to have fun, they are easier to beat.
- Improve your win rate by studying your game and previous results with the help of a bb/100 poker tracking app. Bb/100 stands for big blinds won over the last hundred hands. You can use the app to track your progress in the game.
Make Money Playing Live Poker
Playing live dealer poker is in many ways the same as playing poker online. But, in a live game, you have the added advantage of being able to communicate with the dealer. You’ll also have a clearer sense of the kind of players you are going up against and their level of skill in the game.
Tips for Playing Real Money Poker
We’ve asked a few of our poker players to give you one or two of their most valued poker tips. Hopefully, these tips will help you get out of those long losing streaks and start winning some money. This is what they had to say:
- If you are starting out, play low stake games. Low stake poker games usually start at as little as $2 a bet and if you play well, you could bag small, but frequent wins.
- Use an aggressive strategy because poker is a competitive game. We live by the TAG poker strategy which stands for tight and aggressive. When using the TAG strategy, you need to do the following:
- Be very selective about which poker hands you choose to play and when
- If you are playing live poker or at an actual poker venue, be mindful of your position around the poker table
- After the flop, don’t hold back, play aggressively by making bold moves.
Play Poker for Money
Well, there you have it. There is a lot that goes into playing poker for real money. The game is highly competitive and there are a lot of skilled players out there. But, it’s very possible to make money playing poker online, and tons of it too. We hope this helps you!