Who Is the Richest Poker Player?
Recently updated on September 11th, 2023
Ever wondered Who is the richest poker player in Canada was? Well, we are here to answer that. Every day, vast sums of money are won and lost in the world of high-stakes poker. The best players have no issues losing tens of thousands, if not millions, of dollars in a single session. This is because they know they can simply recoup their losses the next time they sit down at the poker table. But which professional poker players have the highest bank accounts after factoring in winnings, endorsements, movie appearances, and other sources of income? Keep reading to find out.
Top Three Richest Poker Player in Canada
By 2017, Canadians had won 54 WSOP bracelets. It is the most of any country other than the dominant United States. Despite the province’s absence of live poker events on its turf, over half of those bracelets (25) were won by players from Ontario, which stands out as Canada’s poker superpower. The top three richest poker players from Canada are also on the top 10 WSOP SUCCESS (all events) list.
Daniel Negreanu is a six-time world champion and was inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame in Las Vegas in 2014. His finest year in this business was 2004 when he won $4.4 million playing poker in various events. Daniel began his profession at the age of 21 in Las Vegas and has spent more than 18 years playing this game.
In the early days of his professional poker career, he lost all of his money due to differences in game methods between Canada and Vegas. This process went on for a long time, and with each failure, he learned new talents and strategies. According to the WSOP player states, Daniel is the richest poker player in CA and has won $21,109,550 from poker alone.
Also, in the 10+ millions club over at WSOP, Jonathan Duhamel is another Canadian poker player rolling in the dollars. the second richest poker player also ranked first among Canadian poker players after winning the World Series of Poker tournament in 2010. He is ranked second among the most successful poker players in Canada. Jonathan earned $8.9 million in the year he won the World Series of Poker.
He is the first Canadian to win a main event bracelet at the World Series of Poker. He has also won the European Poker Tour in January 2011 and earned $272,209. His success story continued in the following years as he made four closing tables in the poker star poker Caribbean adventure event. He got a whopping $313,600 as the grand prize. To date, he is a millionaire, all from pro poker playing.
As one of the newest Canadian poker players who has risen to prominence in a short amount of time, Sorel excels at both physical and online poker events. The majority of his profits come from online poker events, with the largest prize he has won so far being 7.7 million USD in a live tournament and 2 million in another. His finest year as a poker player was 2013 when he earned $3.1 million in international wins.
Mizzi finished 15th in the 2007 World Poker Tour Championship. He also participated in the Full Tilt Online Poker Series in February 2007 and earned $9,384. He has won 17 tournaments out of 47, earning a large sum of money. Titan Poker sponsored him in 2010 as ahead of their professional level squad due to his developing prominence in the poker industry. During this time, he won several competitions at both the minor and major levels by playing a variety of positions. According to current figures, his internet net worth from poker is more than $10.6 million.
Best Canadian Poker Players by Province
The above players are not the only ones who has proven that Canada has a widespread of poker players. In fact, in most provinces, there are more than the three pro players making tons of money. Below we share the nest poker player in every Canadian province. A special mention has to be made to Kristen Bicknell from Ontario. She is currently at the top of the leader board in the Women in the WSOP and the richest poker player in CA who is a woman. Without wasting any more, here are the best poker players in CA:
- British Columbia – Shawn Buchanan had $7,210,098 in total winnings.
- Alberta – Randy Holland has won a total of $3,628,592.
- Saskatchewan – Tyler Bonkowski has made between $915 000 and $1,002,807 from poker.
- Manitoba – Patrick Serda has won over $1,855,752 in 38 clashes.
- Ontario – apart from Negreanu, Mike McDonald is a player from Ontario with over $13,346,118 fin poker winnings.
- Quebec – making $5,522,669 Pascal LeFrancois has taken part in 50 poker clashes and has four titles.
- New Brunswick – over 52 clashes Jeff Cormier has made a total of $676,611.
- Prince Edward Island – Benny Chen has four career titles, one bracelet, and a total winning of $1,975,509.
- Nova Scotia – after 203 clashes and 15 titles, Owen Crowe has made $3,072,257.
- Newfoundland and Labrador – Mike Watson has played at 17 final tables at WSOP and made winnings of $12,668,706.
- Yukon – Brad Booth has taken part in 21 clashes and played at one world of final poker table. He has $793,415 in total winnings.
- Northwest Territories – Blane Noksana made $20,270 in a No-Limit Hold’em clash in 2021.
- Nunavut – Harry Kuksuk has made about $52,141 in poker winnings.